22.8.09

Michael Moore: Distilling Ignorance and Collectivist Bigotry Into Box-Office Gold

GAH! THIS IS NOT CAPITALISM: THIS IS PURE, UNADULTERATED CORPORATISM!

Without seeing it I cannot be certain of its content, but one thing is clear; both Michael Moore and his detractors are clearly misrepresenting this as free-market capitalism.

CORPORATISM: A LOVE STORY

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

I feel a fair use expiry notification coming on, right after the vitriol dies down and I can bring myself to write about democracy.

Hang on - still incensed by this I thought I should ask Mike what the craiq is about this movie:

"Hi Mike,

Just wanted to bring to your attention a typo in the title of your next movie, Capitalism: A Love Story. You have inaccurately used the word "Capitalism" which is defined by wikipedia as the following:

"Capitalism typically refers to an economic and social system in which the means of production (also known as capital) are privately controlled; labor, goods and capital are traded in a market; profits are distributed to owners or invested in new technologies and industries; and wages are paid to labor."

This situation hardly describes the financial industry within the United States; if you wanted to use "Mixed Economy: A Love Story", or better and more accurate yet, "Corporatism: A Love Story" either term would be acceptable to describe the situation we find ourselves in.

I look forward to seeing your movie as I believe from the adverts the content looks accurate (in part) and look forward to hearing your "solutions" to the crisis.

Meanwhile I was wondering if you could give me a taster of this new movie as I will have to wait till October (at least) till I am able to see it in the UK and tell me whether you mention either the part the federal reserve has played in stoking this crisis of political interference from democrats in the form of the Community Reinvestment Act and its subsequent amendments all the way to the 90s?"

In the highly unlikely event he (or one of his minions) replies to this I will post his answer.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Moore uses the Karl Marx definition of Capitalism- which, as far as I can tell, is "not Communism".