16.6.11

Am I The Only One More Offended By The Use Of Internet Twit-Talk?

A juror who contacted a defendant via Facebook, causing a £6m drugs trial to collapse, has been jailed for eight months for contempt of court.


Couldn't happen to a nicer lady; this is just grating though:

Fraill also described her role on the jury in their conversations. "All that note-taking was just killing time. lol. drew more than i wrote lol," she said.

Mr Garnier had told the High Court that the contact and discussion had been in direct breach of the judge's repeated directions to the jury - and it constituted a contempt of court.

Peter Wright QC, for Fraill, said his client was terrified at the prospect of prison and was distraught and inconsolable about what she had done.

He described her as a woman of completely unblemished character before she "lost her senses" in the Facebook exchanges.


Should be done for murder...of the English language.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It amazes me hw 'LOL' is used in any situation from "Yes, I found that story quite funny", to "Guess what, I just sat on my own testicles".

I admit that I've used LOLS and ROFLMAOs rarely while instant messaging (it saved time), but then I realised how much time I was spending instant messaging about nothing important.

Defeated the whole point of the object in the first place, really,