3.11.14

I don't quite, really get this, no sirree.

I fail to see what has actually happened here but I'm willing to believe it is my naivety:

The Department for Education has sought to ‘clarify’ its tweet which appears to brand school lessons in gay rights ‘nonsense’.
The bizarre tweet was posted on the DfE’s official account this afternoon and reads: ‘Nonsense to say schools “must teach gay rights”. We want schools to teach broad curric based on British values.’"
So my reading of this is:

  • Gay rights aren't a thing because...
  • ...British Values (patent pending) enshrine tolerance of ones own proclivities as long as they don't infringe on another persons...
  • And British Values (pp) are a required aspect of the curriculum.
This doesn't seem to me to be that controversial; it all appears to have spilt over from this rank nonsense currently shat out by cast-iron dave and his bunch of chuckleheads.

There is something very wrong with this current tranche of political correctness and I think it comes down to the poor use of words and phrases; perhaps the most important one being "equality" - this appears to have been in place of "inequality" as it is one thing to respect ones proclivities, a/religion or ideology and quite another to claim your own set of proclivities are better.

What is being promoted here is intolerance and inequality before the law.

No comments: